NOTD and Tutorial: Paramore 'Still Into You' Music Video-Inspired Nails
One of the songs in my current playlist is Still Into You by Paramore. I just recently came across this song and its music video (HAHA. I know! Late much?!). Not really a big Paramore fan, but I do like this song and its light and fun video a lot!
Let me quickly show you how I did this ;)
I used nail art sponges for this.
|Read my haul post *here* to know where I got these from.|
And I used the following nail polishes.
Sassy Colors Rainbow Glitter
|The Face Shop nail polish in BL602|
Elianto nail polish in Thistle and Yellow
Etude House Dear My Blooming Nails in #4
Caronia nail polish in Rosy Glow
1. As always, apply base coat first.
*Optional: Apply thin coats of white polish after applying the base coat to make the colors stand out. I skipped this step because the base coat I used already had a milky white finish.
2. Brush the first color onto the sponge. The thickness of the layer would depend on how long your nail is.
3. Quickly brush the second color onto the sponge, just below the first one. Make sure there's no gap between the two layers.
4. Proceed with the sponging.
Let the first coat set for a few seconds, then repeat Steps 2-4. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to take photos of the sponging part! If you're not familiar with this technique, feel free to visit my other nail sponging tutorials *here.* :)
5. Right after sponging a second coat, apply top coat for a smooth finish.
I decided to apply glitter polish too to spice things up a bit more :)
6. Repeat Steps 2-4 on the other nails using other color combinations.
7. Clean up around your nails using Q-tips dipped in nail polish remover.
Cleaning up the edges is always the hardest part for me. I HATE doing it but I have to :(
And there you have it. A colorful pastel nail design inspired by Hayley Williams' outfit in the Still Into You music video! :)
If you're not a fan of these colors, of course you can use whatever shades tickle your fancy.
Hope you like it! Have a great start of the week, everyone! Leaving you with the music video that inspired me to create this nail design :)