Have I ever told you that I really like blue on my nails? I'm sure I must have in at least one of my many nail-related posts. Anyway, the other day while I was looking for nail polishes to use next, I saw three blue Girl Stuff nail polishes and thought they'd look great together in a gradient design.
So I immediately brought out a nail art sponge and started sponging. I used a solid blue as base, a frosty blue for the tips and a blue-based fine glitter top coat to blend the two colors together. The results?
I like how the gradient has a slight grungy feel to it.
Nails of the day using Girl Stuff nail polishes in Blues, Electric Blue and Fireworks.
|L-R: Blues, Fireworks, Electric Blue|
Let me show you how I did this grungy blue gradient :)
1. Apply base coat. I'm currently using The Face Shop's base coat. I've been using it for many months now, and it's really effective. Unfortunately, I forgot to apply it the last time I did my nails, and my nails got a nasty stain again. So you see, applying base coat is really important. Don't skip it ;]
2. Bring out a nail art sponge. I'm currently using the one I bought from Tony Moly in a set of 10 a few months ago. You can use a regular makeup sponge if you don't have something like this.
3. Take your base color (in this case, a solid blue), and brush the color onto the sponge. Sponge the color on your entire nail. Don't worry about the mess. We'll clean that up later.
4. Take your tip color (in this case, a frosted blue), and brush the product onto the other edge of the sponge. Sponge the color on the upper half of your nail, patting more heavily on the tip.
5. Apply glitter top coat to blend the two colors together.
6. Clean up the edges of your nails using cotton buds dipped in nail polish remover.
And you're done! On my ring fingernail, I decided to do alternating blocks of the solid and frosted blue for accent.
For a more detailed tutorial on the sponge gradient nail art technique, visit my post *here* :)
I've been posting a lot about Girl Stuff nail polishes lately, especially on Instagram and Facebook. I'm gonna post more about these locally-available, affordable (99 PhP) and formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate-free nail polishes really soon. If you want to check them out for yourself, they're available at SM and Rustan's Department Stores (Children's Accessories section), and Girl Stuff has kiosks at SM North and MOA too.
|Top: Avo Loco (L), Pretty Pink (R)|
Bottom: Lov Lav (L), Jade (R)
I hope you can wait for my post about these nail polishes. Anyway, let me know if you're gonna try this blue gradient design! Of course, you can use other colors if you don't like blue. :P
What colors do you like on your nails? :)
Disclaimer: Products were sent by the company but the views and opinions expressed in this post are purely mine and based on my own experience with the products.