A few months ago, I did some major online shopping. One of my online stops was Digital Traincase. I pre-ordered four shades of the quite popular NYX Round Lipsticks.
I spent hours choosing which shades to get because there were A LOT of choices! I ended up with these four.
Syclia, Tea Rose, Hope and Eros.
I'll try to keep this post from being too wordy. There are already loads of reviews of the NYX Round Lipsticks, anyway :)
|L-R: Syclia, Tea Rose, Hope, Eros|
|With just one swipe for each|
Syclia - deep orange-brown shade
Tea Rose - light-medium pink shade (one of the most popular shades)
Hope - deep berry shade with a hint of plum
Eros - warm red shade
On my lips...
Here are some photos of me wearing the shades.
|Eros (over Ever Bilena matte lipstick in Siennas)|
Hope is my fave among the four! Gorgeous shade! Tea Rose is a close second. It's perfect for everyday. Those two are the ones I reach out for most often. I bought Syclia because I thought it was a pretty interesting and unique shade. I like lipstick shades that have hints of brown in them! It's like a copper shade without a metallic sheen. Eros isn't really the perfect red for me. I need to layer it over another red to get the redness that I'm looking for.
- Wide selection of shades
- Creamy texture that glides smoothly on the lips
- Great pigmentation
- Not drying
- No pungent smell - Some of the shades are scented, though (like Tea Rose and Syclia). The perfume-y scent doesn't really bother me. I noticed that Tea Rose had the strongest scent and that Hope and Eros were scent-free.
- Nice packaging - Has a swatch cap for easier shade ID
- Affordable - Priced at P120 (pre-ordered from Digital Traincase)
- Not long-wearing - The lighter shades fade almost completely after eating and drinking but the darker ones leave a stain.
- Availability (for those not used to shopping online) - NYX products aren't available in department stores here in the Philippines but they are available online. There are a lot of online stores that carry NYX Round Lipsticks. I ordered from Digital Traincase and got my order on time :)
The next ones in my NYX to-buy list are the matte lipsticks. Hihi. Oh, and the lip creams too!
That's it for my short review! Have you tried NYX's Round Lipsticks? Which shade is your fave? :)