My Love for Nail Polish
Hello, my dears! Y'all know I love nail polish, right? You don't? Well, just back-read my posts and you'll see what I mean :) I make sure my nails are always nice and pretty. My nails are something I'm really proud of, especially when they are all nail artsy and gradient-y and stuff.
My nail polish collection started growing right after college. When I was in college, I rarely got to paint my nails. You see, I was a chemistry major and we weren't allowed to wear nail polish in the laboratory. I remember this one time I forgot to take my nail polish off before going to class, my lab instructor saw my polished nails then she brought out cotton balls and took some acetone from the bottle in the fume hood then tried to remove my nail polish. My nail polish didn't budge, though. Ha. She said the acetone was probably too dilute or something. Yes, that really happened.
Anyway, the other day I was reading my old blog posts and I came across a comment from Che of Lovefemme about a post she tagged me in. It's been five months since she tagged me and I actually bookmarked her post when I saw it before just like I do every time someone tags me in a post, but I lost all my bookmarks a few months ago :( Still, I am posting this because I think it's a very fun tag to do, especially for those who love nail polishes like me :)
1. How many polishes do you have? Right now there are 107 nail polishes in my collection. I excluded the extra bottles I have (which I plan to give away) and my base/top coats.
2. What is your favorite brand of nail polish? Local: Caronia. You're not surprised, I see! Haha. I love the wide shade range, the availability and the affordability of their nail polishes. Not local: Etude House. I like that they are always 'in' when it come to nail polish trends. They came out with matte ones when matte nail polishes were trending, same with the crack polishes, and now they have magnetic nail polishes too! :) And I also love the shade selection AND the formula of most of their nail polishes :)
|Caronia Sweet Bliss Collection|
|Etude House matte nail polishes|
3. Do you like crackle polish or do you have it? I have a few! I've tried them already but I don't use them very often. I like the idea of crack nail polishes but I like experimenting and changing my nail colors/designs at least once a week so I can't just wear crack polishes every time. But I still use them when I can't think of a good design. Instant nail art!
4. What is the brand of your first nail polish? Hmmm. Bobbie. I think every Pinay's first nail polish is either from Bobbie or from Caronia. Haha
|Wearing Bobbie in Exactly Red (from first ever NOTD post)|
6. What nail polish does not compliment you? Coral and orange shades! They make my skin look darker :(
7. What nail polish compliments you? Dark shades, especially blue and purple ones!
|Caronia nail polish in Pink Frost|
(I KNOW!! It's orange, right???)
8. Name two of your nail art best-friends. My sponges, of course, for my sponge gradient nails (tutorial *here*) and my nail wheel where I swatch and come up with nail art designs :)
|Nail art sponges I got from Saizen|
|Nail wheel I got from a bazaar|
9. What was the best nail polish gift you ever received? Erm. I don't think I've received any nail polish-related gifts yet from people I personally know. Haha. Boooo. But I have received nail polishes from some brands and the ones I got as prizes from contests. Counted? Haha. Idk.
10. Make a speech thanking the blogger who gave you this tag. Thank you soooo much for tagging me, Che! I really enjoy looking at your nail polish hauls and your cute nail designs! I can't imagine how huge your collection is now. You're one of my fave nail polish haulers!
|Prize package I received when I won Caronia's New Year contest|
I got 12 shades! :D
Everyone who likes nail polishes and nail art, feel free to do the tag. Special mention: Kat, Thiamere, Kumi, Rina and Dawn and Liz - who are some of those whose nail polish posts I enjoy reading. Share to us your nail polish story, too :)
Like this post if you like nail polish! What shade are you wearing right now? :)