My Caronia Nail Polish Collection
Hey, hey! Remember in my post *here* I mentioned that Caronia has this monthly promo on their website. For the month of August, they asked the participants to share their Caronia nail polish collection through a video and pick their top 5 shades. I planned to join and even filmed a video for it but I wasn't able to submit it before the deadline because I didn't have time to. Anyway, I still wanna share it with you so here goes :)
Here are all my nail polishes from Caronia.
I don't think my collection is SO huge like "I'm obsessed"-huge but I do think that I have a lot of nail polishes for an ordinary person (if that makes sense at all). Anyway, most of my Caronia nail polishes are from the frosted line and I'm gonna show them all to you now :)
First let me tell you what I like about Caronia nail polishes.
- Availability - They're widely available! You can get them from almost all drugstores and supermarkets.
- Price - Being a local brand and all, Caronia polishes are super affordable and super less expensive compared to foreign polish brands. I mean, I almost never use the same shade twice so I don't find the need for me to spend a lot of money for something that I'm only gonna use once.
- Shade range - The shades are really nice, from frosted to regular polishes.
But, of course, I do have some problems with Caronia polishes, too.
- Staining - I find that Caronia nail polishes and those from other local brands like Bobbie and Cherry stain my nails big time. If you wanna avoid staining but still wanna use nail polishes, I suggest you get a really good base coat. I'm currently using the The Face Shop base coat.
- Inconsistency in formula - Some shades are really easy to apply but some shades are just a pain to put on because of the formula. This is the reason why I like their frosted polishes better than the regular ones. The frosted polishes, for me, are generally easier to apply and not streaky compared to the regular ones.
Anyway, so here are my Caronia nail polishes. Read on for info and swatches! :)
|L-R: Dare, Goddess, Bliss, Mint Frost|
- Dare - metallic blue shade with a hint of green
- Goddess - metallic green shade with a hint of yellow
- Bliss - sheer metallic baby blue shade, perfect for gradient nails
- Mint Frost - frosted apple green shade
And, of course, I have pink shades...
|L-R: Sunset, Pink Frost, Posh, Pink Passion, Chestnut|
- Sunset - orange-based glitter top coat with multicolored shimmer
- Pink Frost - frosted orange shade
- Posh - frosted soft pink shade
- Pink Passion - frosted hot pink shade
- Chestnut - frosted maroon shade
And some more shades...
R: Golden Sun
- Crystal - sheer pearl shade with tiny glitters
- Golden Sun - gold shade with multicolored shimmer
- Peach Blossom - sheer lilac shade with tiny glitters
I forgot to take a pic of Peach Blossom.
Anyway, the last items are from the Sweet Bliss collection, which is Caronia's summer 2011 collection.
|L-R: Baby Pink, On the Go, Summer Fling, First Crush, Sun Kissed, Sweet Surprise|
- Baby Pink - sheer baby pink shade
- On the Go - aqua green shade
- Summer Fling - coral red shade
- First Crush - dark lilac shade
- Sun Kissed - pumkin orange shade
- Sweet Surprise - lemon yellow shade
- Dare - It's my first fave from Caronia.
- Bliss - It's PERFECT for gradient nails!
- Golden Sun - I'm loving gold shades right now.
- First Crush - I really really really like this shade :)
- Sunset - It's my fave glitter top coat.
So that's it! Here's the video I filmed. Please watch it if you have time. :D
If you wanna see my other nail polishes, and if you're interested to see how I store my nail polishes and tools, let me know! :D