Hey! I don't know if you can remember but I posted a San San mini haul weeks ago. Click *here* if you haven't read that yet. One of the items I got there was a lipstick from San San's limited edition summer collection, Soleil. I believe this collection consists of a matte foundation, three shades of lipsticks, and three shades of nail polishes. The foundation and lippies all have SPF, making them perfect for summer.
I like the packaging. It's just a simple and light plastic tube but what caught my attention was the transparent section and little sun imprints. I think it's nice that I can see the actual shade of the lipstick without having to open the tube or look at the label.
There are three shades available - a nude, a pink, and a peach one. I got mine in Peach Ibiza. I decided to go for that one because I didn't have any peach lippies yet. I do have a coral-ish shade but I'm not so fond of that one.
|Soleil Lip Colour in Peach Ibiza|
|L-R: With flash, without flash|
Peach Ibiza is a peachy coral shade that impressed me upon swatching it in the store. Looking at it closely, I can see really really fine shimmer particles. Here's a swatch on the back of my hand.
|T-B: With flash, without flash|
It goes on semi-opaque and a bit shimmery. The shimmer is subtler in actual. I really like the shade of this one! It usually takes me two coats before I get a decent coverage. Here's what it looks on my lips.
It's obviously not matte. As I've said, it has really fine shimmer particles, hence the shine. It goes on the lips really smoothly but sometimes (just sometimes) I feel that this is a bit "oily" for me. I usually wear this together with Etude House Lip Liner in #02 (which is a nude shade). Will explain why later.
|Me wearing Peach Ibiza|
with Etude House Lip liner in #02
What I like:
- The shade. It's a very wearable peach shade.
- See-through portion of the packaging which allows me to see the actual shade.
- Glides really smoothly on the lips.
- Can cover my lips well.
- Doesn't dry my lips. It's quite moisturizing, actually. (For me, at least.)
- Not overly shimmery.
- Has SPF 25.
- Has Vitamins A, C and E.
- Inexpensive. Priced at 109.75 Php for 3.5 g of product.
- Widely available
What I don't like:
- The taste. It has kinda the same lipstick "taste" that I described in my post *here* where I reviewed the Allue lip conditioner. It doesn't stink. It actually smells nice in the tube but on my lips it just tastes so artificial (for the lack of a better word).
- Can get a bit oily for me sometimes. With that, I just get about 3-4 hours of wear. It transfers easily because of the texture.
- Has a tendency to settle on the lines of my lips, and therefore accentuates the cracks. This is why I usually fill in my lips with lip liner first before applying a coat of this lipstick. That somehow helps lessen the emphasis that the lipstick puts on my lip cracks. I don't use this when I'm having bad lip days. I only reach out for this when my lips are soft and smooth.
All in all, I'm just ok with this lipstick. I love the shade but the texture and the scent, not so much. If you're interested in this lipstick, this and other San San products are available at HBC outlets. San San Soleil Collection items are only available until supplies last :)