Hey everyone! I told you in my previous Etude House haul post that I got myself a box of one of their latest (and well-raved) products, the Bubble Hair Coloring. I wanted to try this the first time I read about it. I have never had my black hair colored before and this kit seemed to be very noob-friendly.
This one's always out of stock! Glad I got one. I got mine in the shade Natural Brown (#3). My original plan was to get the Dark Brown shade since I didn't want to end up with hair like that of the girl in the box. That's just too brown for me and I didn't want something to drastic. I saw Say's review *here* and there she said that one box was enough (Natural Brown) to color her entire hair. Then I saw Eloisa's review *here* and there she said that she only used about half of the product (Natural Brown) to get the color she ended up with. I actually liked the result on her so then I became confused on whether to get Dark Brown or Natural Brown. I also realized that there's a huge possibility that Dark Brown wouldn't show up on my black hair. And so I bought Natural Brown. I am soooo glad I bought it instead of Dark Brown!
Here's what the kit consists of.
- Sachet containing the Bubble Hair Coloring solution
- Sachet of Silky Perfumed Treatment which is basically a conditioner
- Pump bottle with some kind of liquid inside
- Instruction manual and some plastic gloves and cape
Here's what the instructions say. I just looked at the pictures because I don't know a word in Korean.
Here's what's written on the side of the box.
How to use the kit:
- Transfer the coloring solution from the sachet into the pump bottle.
- Mix the contents very gently.
- Wear the gloves and the cape.
- Pump the product out of the bottle.
- Apply on your hair. Basically, it's just like shampooing but make sure you spread the product evenly.
- Leave it on your hair for about 30+ minutes.
- Rinse and condition your hair using the Silky Perfumed Treatment.
- Let your hair dry.
This is why it's called "Bubble" Hair Coloring. The product itself is foamy.
Before tell you my experience with this product, I'm gonna show you first some "before" pictures. I started out with black hair.
|Never had this colored|
Here are some more pics. I know they are overexposed or something but I liked the effect! I didn't even have to edit anything. Against the light much? :)
Yeah, so there. Obviously Natural Brown didn't go all natural brown on me. It turned up kinda dark brown on my black hair! But under really good lighting, the brown looks lighter :) I was surprised because this wasn't what I was expecting BUT this was my original plan, remember? Yeah, so I'm still happy. I may need another box to get the real natural brown effect :]
What I love about this product:
- Product doesn't smell bad. Conditioner smells very nice!
- Not very much drying.
- The Silky Perfumed Treatment is AWESOME! My second-day hair still feels so smooth!
- Inexpensive compared to having your hair colored in a salon. One box costs 378 Php.
What I don't like about this product:
- Availability. This is always out of stock because it's so well-raved so you better get one when you see one!
- The natural brown color didn't show up on my hair as I expected it to. I couldn't TOTALLY blame the product, though. My hair's a bit at fault, too (I guess), especially since this was my first time coloring it. They say it's really difficult to dye black hair 'coz it's black so if you're aiming for a certain color, you're gonna have to use a lighter dye to color your hair with. That does make sense, doesn't it? :)
So there! I'm gonna leave you with my (official) before and after photo.
You gonna try this? They have four shades available, by the way - Deep Black, Dark Brown, Natural Brown and Wine Red. :)